Friday, April 20, 2007

Untitled poem

You tore off my wings
You burned me with fire
You left me out in the rain
Again, & again, & again

Stop light red
Little crumbs of bread
I follow the path
To see where it will lead

Yes as an artist
You bleed & bleed
Winter turns to spring
Germinate some seed

Puttering along
Writing another song
Changing fate again
Where's my long lost friend

Standing here in the rain
I think of you
Yes
You were a break in the rythm

I'm still reeling
Sometimes I get acid re-flux
What a way to go
Silencing the orchestra

You were the violin
I was the timpani
I need some more wasabi
& a taste of your sushi

That will never be
Unless of course
You turn out to be
What I thought you were

My favourite bounty hunter
I walked into your trap
Then you let me go
Just to see where I would go

Is it reality
Is it science fiction
Who can say for sure
Maybe a little bit of both

I can't wait to see
What kinda film they'll make
I hope it turns out to be a comedy
I've seen too much tragedy

No comments: