Sunday, January 11, 2009

Another Sad Poem Or Song

Writing poems
Thinking of dreams
Remembering bad times
& now another sad song
I put it on repeat
I put it on repeat
I put it on repeat
Another sad song
Oh Steve Earle
He really knows how to hook you
Verse
Chorus
Verse
Etc.

How many angels
Tried to save this little devil?
& then years down the road
He looks back
What a journey
Not the one intended
But what a fantastic journey
Blood & guts everywhere

There is no news
There is just the blues
& another sad song
Why me?
Why couldn't it be someone else?

Day turns to night
Night turns to day
Brew a pot of coffee
Sometimes wondering what it'd be like
To get back into whiskey
To get back even further into misery

I never should have laid my guitar down
I should never have picked it up again
& the same goes for the quill
I go spiralling down into morbidness
With the view of a seagull
In the eye of a tornado
There goes Dorthy
& the Wicked Witch of the West
I have no rubby red slippers
Just some worn out sandals & boots
I'd walk across the desert
Naked & without sun block under the blistering sun
Just to share a cup of tea with you
Jesus Christ how this crucifies me
Now being so helpless & hapless
But you know what
Atleast I still have a pulse
& that makes me wonder
How many ways have you died spiritually
I know I been buried atleast a dozens times
Maybe more (definitely more)
I've lost count & sometimes just don't care
Life can be cruel
& yes.... you've proved it once more
Anyhow it's kinda' wierd how happiness & sadness
Sometimes go hand in hand
& so the seasons go round & round
On & on, blah, blah, blah
I'm not an old dog
Nor a young one
But I've learned some new tricks
& of course some old ones
Gymnastics & ice skating showed me them
& so here I will defy gravity
& float above & beyond
This sad little poem & song
& will revel in the fact
I've travelled some more unfamilliar ground
Life can sometimes be like a blank piece of paper
You can fill it up with what you want
Just make sure it doesn't get burned
Or too wet & soggy
Otherwise you can't read
What's been spelled out

I miss you dearly
My old friend

No comments: