Friday, January 13, 2006

Thinking about days gone by


Yikes I almost done did something, lol. Anyhow enough with bad grammar. I for one never thought I'd get into the blog thing, but I must admit it is addictive & simple as heck. Yeah I know I for those of your who tracked me here from where ever it is not as big & grand & decadent as my former website (jeffwgodin.com) but it is my home now I guess. I should go try & remember the other things I started but have forgotten the passwords too. That's the thing with all of this. I have a million passwords now. It's kinda' crazy, but so am I. Anyhow this is a picture of me on a train in a breakfast car taken back in November. I have been on the road for far too long to return to a normal lifestyle right off the bat so I guess I will have to look for other creative means to make money. It's winter, not too many jobs are easily accessible for a guy like me who doesn't have a heck of a lot education on paper, but when it comes to real life & real life skills is not your average loon.

I used to be a city worker like I have said here or somewhere else. I worked 13 years at that. It was my first real job after leaving highschool. Sure I'd worked odd jobs, part time jobs & what have you before & full time for some mickey mouse companies. I guess I got too comfortable & too lazy, etc.. All the traits of a typical lifer for the city. Than one day I jumped over board. No one believed me when I had mentioned it in the previous months leading up to my departure. I guess the reason why I talk about my old job so much is because I really loved it. After 13 years of doing it I could drive or go almost anywhere in the city & point out some park or something I worked on.

Others jobs I held were a carpenters assistant, I helped build a few houses in cowtown & across the province. I was the original relief peer counsellor at The Alberta Safe House Society when it opened up, I used to get a kick out of it when years later after leaving, former clients would walk up to me & say "thanks", "do you remember me?" & all sorts of stuff. On occasion I didn't cuz there were so many kids that went through there. I once was a bicycle courier for a now defunct company, that was kinda' trippy, I had a few battles with cars, cube vans, & pedestrians, but I was like lightning so nothing too wild & wooly did transpire. I once was a busboy & banquet staff at the Danish Canadian Club, they loved me cuz I had "odin" in my name, & cuz I was a crazy drunk they thought no one else would hire. I think I am the only busboy or staff member who was hired & quit 3 times. That atests to my loveableness as a curious creature. Um what else, I was a telemarketer for a few places, a door to door salesman, a.k.a. barrelbagger, private gardener until my employer started pushing up daisys, & so many other things I can't even be bothered to write them down. Most notable were though my gigs with the Green Fools as a contract stiltwalker or associate artist. I dabbled in acting & was mainly an extra for many t.v. & film productions in & around Calgary. I even got a few gigs as a musician. I play guitar too, well that & harmonica. I got into the e-music as well. I use Sony's Acid Studio thingy. It's cool & easy as pie. When I had my website I'd edit a video then cook up some new beats just for the video, then upload the new production. Before the untimely demise I had just signed up with some newsgroup & was getting quite the following.

I guess the reason why I am all retrospective is because I tracked down a former classmate then she reminded me of others & one of the others has a blog on this platform I guess you'd call it. Wow I have done so much crazy stuff since then.

Anyhow the light is growing pretty dim for me. I have to figure out some kinda game plan. I am tremendously low on cash. Like retardedly gone into debt. I hope my Paypal thing goes through soon. Yes, I will be selling all of my manuscripts & everything else I possibly can on e-bay. I guess the only reason why I have not completely disappeared off the face of the earth is due to them. What is an artist without his or her art? Sure you burn it, destroy it sell it, or whatever, then they make more, but to have the amount I do then just sit there going, okay as much as it means to me I have to let it go. Yes there is 15 years of blood, sweat, tears, craziness, good times, tranquility, inspiration, despiration, & so much more lying ther in various sizes of notebooks. Some of them have long since yellowed & are dogearred & are falling apart. It's crazy. It like pieces of time right there in solid form, but crumbling due to their delicacy. A lot of them are coffee stained, beer stained, whiskey stained, tequila stained, etc.. Some of them you can still feel the cockroach powder that was applied to the baseboards of all the apartments of a certain fleabag apartment I used to live in on Centre St.. Ah the memories. Little did I know then of how kooky life would get. Some of it was so riduclous I just have to laugh. Anyways I got other stuff to do I don't know if this made any sense, but what does in life really?

No comments: