Sunday, April 30, 2006

Video Game Vetran

Just before I begin to write this I will state that this is purely about video games as implied in the title just so I don't confuse anybody (mainly Calgarians). Also it is fiction & I am also generating an idea I'll be using for a poem/song I will be working on for my new cd of beats I have cooked up on my laptop from this road trip that has gone awry.
*******************************
They always say just one more mission
It will be simple
You'll be in & out of there in no time
Yeah right, when has that ever been the case
One thing leads to another
Then the next thing you know
I'm back in the trenches
Fighting someone else's war
Across several planets, solar systems, galaxies
realities, or times
How many places have I been
How many people have I met
How many people have I killed
Sometimes I'm just an ordinary man
Other times I am a genetically modified soldier
Then there's the whole code of silence thing
You talk too much
You die
Simple as that
Well not really
But you know what I mean
I think I'll take a break for awhile
Go on vacation
Clear my mind
Forget about it all
Of course
Soooner or later
Someone will come calling
& then it will be
"Just one more mission
You'll be in & out of there in no time"

No comments: