Thursday, April 19, 2012

Just another night

H-m-m-m what's going on? I'm not sure. Anyhow it's the usual or maybe coincidence people following me where ever I go & wondering what I do. Well basically it's not really too exciting. I work at a gas station, I'm the President (yay my new title for Most Vocal Poets society) of a poetry group, & I have gotten back into art (actually I was never in it  [as in actually having people by it] but now am). What else I have a website, I write poetry, I might start playing guitar again & other stuff.

It's amazing how age creeps up on you. One day you're young & invincible several years down the line, not the case. My left hip is acting up, I am not regular on the weekends (as in having to take a dump), my neck is stiff I have discs that are fusing together, & the list could go on. Anyhow next week is election week here in Alberta. I will be voting for the first time in my 40 years. Even though my friends might not like my choice I have to side with the Conservatives. I more or less have been one most my life. There was a time or 2 when I was Liberal. Then as time passed I seen that they were not my cup of tea. As for the Wild Rose they seem just a little too wild for me. I haven't studied their platform but from the bits & pieces I have heard I don't think I could support them.

There are 2 shows (art) coming up here in Lethbridge one's theme is "Classic cars" (Batmobile, the Starsky & Hutch car, Genral Lee, Mustangs, Corvettes, VW Beetles, etc..) & the other is "The End Is Near" The first one is being put on by "Think Tank Events" & the other is "The Potemkin Collective" which I was recently added too, which by the way is really cool. As for the medium I'll use I'm not sure. I have done drawing in the past, some water colours, some oil, some pastel, some photography, some video & some multi-media. I have been stewing over several ideas but haven't come across anything concrete yet. I have a couple of months to do them in. This time I'm taking more time to prepare. For "Shuffle Up & Deal 1" (another Think Tank Event) I did the 5 of Diamonds in an afternoon. For "Shuffle Up & Deal 2" where I was the 2 of clubs it took me about a week. For the Star Wars Art Show it took me a week & 1/2. Lighting is everything when it comes to photography. I spent hours & hours tweaking the exposure, the saturation, etc..

Anyhow I guess I should get rolling Steve Earle tickets go on sale tommorow. I hope I can snag some. Steve Earle has been one of my most influential muscians. From Guitar Town right up until today & beyond he's done so much awesome stuff.

No comments: