Monday, May 08, 2006

It's Been A long Haul

I sit here after taking a shower. Listening to the music I have made on this laptop since October of last year. The first song I created on this laptop was called "Another Song For Laura" since I had written a few of them. It's just me rambling on, about this girl I met, then had a couple of little adventures with. I guess her being so adventurous was what I found most attractive. Also she was a super athelete. She literally ran circles around me on the beach.

Now playing is Arlington. Anyone who was familliar with my site knew the story behind this one. I think I will go back to it & fill it in more & maybe throw some words in there. For those of you who have no clue, I guess you will just remain in the dark. On the dvd I might be coming out with I'll include the videos, a whack of photos, all the music since then. The rough cuts, then the finished pieces. It's kind interesting how a bit of music evolves. Of course sometimes you hit the nail right on the head & well that's it. The newest pieces are mixed in with the older ones. I can't wait until it's finished & then start working on some kinda' song order. I am pleasantly surprised at what I have cooked up. Basically all the stuff I grew up liking is there blended together in bits & pieces & brought kinda' sorta' up to date & yet is original cuz like I said before I never really whipped out the old how to build a song book, took lessons, or learned any artists songs. Okay I lied there I can play Yankee Doodle, Ode To Joy, & Walk Of The Trolls. As for artists I like there are none. I can't read music, & tab drives me up the wall. Plus I'm kinda' impatient & lazy.

Mr. Mo & Ms. Leicha is on now. I tried to capture the spirit of my frinds' two cats when the are acting like loons & are horsing around. I think the inspiration stems from flight of the bumblebee. This though is vastly different. Also for some odd reason I was trying to imagine them if they were dancing like humans on 2 feet. This stems from the day when I accidently broke one of the funky coffee cups & when pressed for an explanation I said Mr. Mo did it when he was showing me that even though he was a cat he could dance, or something like that.

It's mainly hip hop but has strong undercurrent of everything. Some of them are really catchy & the phrases are starting to be etched in my brain. That usually doesn't happen with the music I make. H-m-m-m-m-m well you know what I mean, actually I guess you might not if you aren't a musician. All those dance lesson I took too have found there way in here. Your parents had their jazz, maybe this is mine. Some of it is right out too lunch, but sprinkled with some delicious passages. Somof it is downright mean, some of it flighty, some of it eerie, etc.. Also you can feel a lot of the stuff I've been though, or places I've been too if that makes any sense. This is a sonic safari into the depths of my pysche.

*************************************
Okay, after listening to all the tracks that currently are planned, minus the ones I have yet to create, there is roughly 53 minutes of music for 23 or 24, pieces of music I have created. & here I thought I was gonna' have a rough time of coming up with something 45 minutes long. Yes this indeed will be an interesting beast to here once it is fully assembled. I haven't been this giddy about art/music/poetry/whatever in a long time.

No comments: