Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Winnipeg Shuffle

Walking down the streets in the daylight
Smelling the road salt, dirt, & car exhaust
Makes me wonder if this will become my home
For the next 6 months or so
Maybe I should just go pack my bags
Take enough food for a day & hit the road
But night time fog casts a spell
Provincial building lights take me away
To a place I can't fully remember
Or maybe it was a movie or a dream
Sometimes I forget where I am
Then I snap out of it
That's how deep in thought I get
Losing sense of space & time
Funky old buildings say hello to me
What are those things around the trees
D.E.D. has taken hold here *
The river smells like apple juice
I speak to you long distance
Called my summertime friend in Michigan
Said I dialed the wrong number she just laughed
Yes life is kinda' funny
I just wish I had a guitar cuz I'd sing you a song

********************************************************
D.E.D. stands for Dutch Elm Disease

No comments: